[Nsi-wg] Fwd: Thoughts on a basic topology model for NSI

gkedward at ncsu.edu gkedward at ncsu.edu
Tue Feb 9 16:08:14 CST 2010

HI John,

I agree with all three of your points you stated below. I particularly
agree with handling complex intra domain paths only with the local NRMs
and outside the scope of interdomain paths. However, I do think that the
adaptation services should be advertised by each domain, so that the
inter-domain path computation engine may sometimes choose a path running
through a domain that comes in at (like your example) Ethernet and then
leaving the same domain via SONET to cross the ocean (for example). In
this case adaptation does take place only inside the domain via the local
NRM but the inter domain path had to be aware of that service to
successfully choose the interdomain path.

thanks,
Gigi