[Nsi-wg] NSI error handling draft

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Thu Apr 22 16:03:45 CDT 2010

This is very nice.

A couple comments/ suggestions/ questions

1) I think all the actions you suggest for the transport plane failure
are actually taken in the NRM or Service plane.  I may be wrong, but
that is what it seems to me.  If so, then I think it would be helpful
to describe the transport device/plane signalling failure to the NRM
at different times.  Something like this would have made it easier for
me to follow.

2) I don't the understand local and remote distinction in the Service
Plane failure discussion.  Perhaps local meaning NRM and remote
meaning reachable through NSI?

3) I am wondering how service plane failures are discovered?  Is some
sort of session failure?

John