[Nsi-wg] Maximum service duration

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Apr 21 11:02:14 CDT 2010

Peoples,

I was interrupted before the end of the discussion on the maximum
service duration that could be requested for schedules with no end
time.  In afterthought, would this not just be a general case for all
schedule requests including the now request.  I assume that if I have a
policy in my network that no service can exceed 6 hours then this will
apply to both unbounded requests and requests that have an end time
exceeding the maximum policy.

This can get extremely messy for the protocol if we have different
policy values in the network since each NRM may be allowing different
maximum durations that need to be communicated to the end requester.

Comments?

John.