[Nsi-wg] [Nml-wg] Conversation about ITU concepts with Ciena folks

Victor Reijs victor.reijs at heanet.ie
Tue Sep 8 16:38:38 CDT 2009

Hello Jeroen,

Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> Would the whole combination of pathfinding with the SF find the path as
> given in Freek's scenario?

I hope so!

> The resulting path has a loop in it, so it will not be among the paths
> found by any pathfinding algorithm before the stitching begins.

I agree this domain type of loop can cause problems with normal
pathfinding, but at the end it is just a linear path, regradless of the
number of loops).

So it would be a good test!

All the best,

Victor

--
The HEAnet National Networking Conference 2009 – 12&13 November
Registration is now open: http://www.heanet.ie/conferences/2009/

Victor Reijs, Network Development Manager
HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
tel: +353-1-660 9040  fax: +353-1-660 3666
web: http://www.heanet.ie/