[Nsi-wg] dynamic GOLE pilot discussion list

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Thu May 14 13:17:41 CDT 2009

At the march GLIF meeting in Catania the concept of a dynamic GOLE was
discussed and Lars Fischer suggested that we start a dynamic GOLE
project within GLIF.  At the ad hoc GLIF meeting on April 27 in
Washington there was a consensus to form a group to define what the
pilot GOLE would be and present it at the GLIF meeting in the fall.

GLIF has set up a mail group pilotdynamicgole at glif.is to discuss this
and prepare a presentation for GLIF.  Any interested in participating
in this may join pilotdynamicgole at glif.is   by sending email to info at glif.is
   and requesting to be subscribed (or unsubscribed).

I will send out some initial ideas about what such a pilot could be
and suggest some times to have a call to discuss these in a followup
email.

GOLE operators, including those at MANLAN, NetherLight and StarLight
have indicated interest in helping to define this project, and once it
is defined to evaluate whether to implement.

In addition to defining the hardware and software required to support
a pilot dynamic GOLE I expect there will be discussion about who will
connect to the pilot(s) and what applications will run on them.  These
could have interesting technical and political characteristics.

Please subscribe to pilotdynamicgole at glif.is    if you want to get
further emails about this.  Also please let me know if you have
questions.  Anyone interested in participating is welcome to join the
mail group.

John

John Vollbrecht
Senior Network Engineer, Internet2