[Nsi-wg] First cut at NSI arch strawman/call info

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Thu Mar 26 13:46:08 CDT 2009

We will have a call next wed at 9 ET

call info is
Call: +1-734-615-7474 (PSTN CALL-OUT DOES NOT WORK) or +1-866-411-0013
(toll free US/Canada Only)
Enter access code: 0155180

Attached is a first cut at a document that might be a strawman
architecture doc for end of May.  It has some initial sections and a
set of proposed sections.
I attempted to describe the architecture in some detail, and included
a Glossary of terms (which might be better moved to a different
location - any suggestions?).

I would like to review the doc and especially the headings and
glossary next Wed to see if we can come up with an agreed outline.
If we agree then we need to have editors for each section.  I propose
the following from the group that has been participating  - it is a
starting place for discussion.  Please suggest changes and  also
please comment on whether any seems unreasonable and/or would work for
you.

1. Doc Overview [ Guy, Tomohiro, John]
2. NSI arc overview [ John, Tomohiro, Guy, Pascale, Chin, Joe, Jerry ]
3. Connections - Network and User View [ John, Joe,Tomohiro, Radek,
Pascale, Aaron, Eduard]
4. NSI environments [ Radek, Joe, Guy, Joan, Jerry]
5. Reservations, resources and instantiation [Tomohiro, Chin,
Evangelos, Andy Lake]
6. Negotiation [Jerry, Chin]
7. Naming [Jeroen, Aaron, Freek, John, Chin]
8. Policy, Authentication and Trust, Prioritzation, Job Control [tbd]
9. Interface description details  [Radek, Andy, Joan, Chin, Evangelos,
Fred]

other?

John

John Vollbrecht