[Nsi-wg] call tomorrow 9 ET

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Tue Mar 17 13:37:55 CDT 2009

We will have a call tomorrow for architecture subgroup at 9 ET (2 CET)
[I think this is Daylight saving confusion time].

call info--
Call: +1-734-615-7474 (PSTN CALL-OUT DOES NOT WORK) or +1-866-411-0013
(toll free US/Canada Only)
Enter access code: 0155180

tentative agenda

1) review OGF meeting  ( I am not sure if we have minutes for the
meetings)
2) plan next steps for creating doc

For next steps, I suggest that we try to get a document in strawman
form for OGF at end of May.  We can discuss how to best do this.  My
current thinking is that it would be good split the document into
sections and have small groups take responsibiliy for each section.

Some possible sections
	- overview of NS and NSI, including terms and definitions
	- description of how NS might be provided and used
		- by small users
		- by infrastructure providers
		- by virtual organizations
	- requirements that are needed from other standards groups
		- scheduling
		- Trust and authentication
		- negotiation
		- connectivity (topology) sharing
		- pathfinding
	- joint standardization
		- naming and network modeling
	- Interface requirements for "support" information
		- seems to me that topology, pathfinding, scheduling might be done
on either side of the interface.  I am thinking it would be good to
explore this.

Others ?

The above is to start discussion.

John