[Nsi-wg] Last week's call - and No Calls in July

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Tue Jul 7 10:09:05 CDT 2009

Based on schedules discussed at the last call, we will have no calls
in July.  The next call will be Wed August 5 at 9 ET.

At the last meeting the main topic was how to proceed with creating a
document with formatting appropriate for a Standard.  We agreed to
look into formatting for IETF RFCs, especially for content
organization, as well as to OGF formatting requirements and templates.

I will work on a revised document based on templates that I find.
Some suggestions on the call were that we include Grid requirements
from the user perspective as well as Networking requirements, and that
this be done early in the document - perhaps as part of a context and
scope section.

Some people will continue to do ongoing work and share via email over
the next month.  One area being pursued is by Joan on describing how a
set of NSIs interact in creating interdomain connections, how they
relate trust-wise, and how they create shared topology and do
pathfinding.  There may be some informal calls about this over the
month.

If other call are desired, Internet2 could help by setting up a
bridge.  Let me know.

On the call we decided to use content of the strawman as much as
possible in the revised and restructured document.

Any questions or corrections?