[Nsi-wg] vote on naming for Agents types

Guy Roberts Guy.Roberts at dante.net
Wed Dec 16 11:31:58 CST 2009

Hi All,

On the latest NSI conference call we have been pondering a suitable name for the two instances of an Agent that resides on either end of a Network Service Interface.  Up to now the term 'Requestor Agent' has been used to identify the agent that originates the connection request, and 'Provider Agent' for the agent that processes (reserves, provisions etc) the request.  Objections have been raised to this terminology based on the desire to break away from the old use of 'provider' as used in ISP.

We would like to hold a ballot in the NSI group for preferred name.  The following names have been suggested, please respond with an email to me with the number of your preferred choice.

1.       Requestor Agent, Provider Agent

2.       Requestor Agent, Service Agent

3.       Requestor Agent, Granter Agent

4.       Requestor Agent, Implementer Agent

Regards,
Guy

Guy  Roberts,  Ph.D

Network Engineering & Planning