[Nsi-wg] 2-phase commit

Tomohiro Kudoh t.kudoh at aist.go.jp
Wed Dec 2 10:26:06 CST 2009

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Yes. I agree that the Paxos commit is a good protocol to realize
reliability.I am familiar with the HARC and Paxos commit since I
worked together with Jon Maclaren and EnLIGHTened team for Japan-US
interoperability experiment.

I think Paxos is a little bit complicated for the basis of NSI
architecture and protocol discussions. At this stage, it will be
better to keep discussions on a simple protocol, and even 2PC might be
too complicated.

Thanks,

Tomohiro