[Nsi-wg] call tomorrow

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Wed Dec 2 01:33:08 CST 2009

For discussion tomorrow - a possible variation could be:

Network Service Plane: defined as a set of abstract network capabilities offered as a service to authorized user entities. The set of services include, but are not limited to, connection provisioning, topology , monitoring , measurement services. The user entities could include external users, applications, management stations, etc.

Network Service Interface: An interface between a network service requestor and a network service plane to request network services. For NSI 1.0, we are limiting the services possible be requested  to the connection provisioning services.

Network Service Actor: an entity that includes an agent to get or provide network services using the Network Service Interface (which in the first instantiation only supports connections or connection reservations).

Thanks,
Inder