[Nsi-wg] [Nml-wg] pathfinding, SF and G.80x

Victor Reijs (work) victor.reijs at heanet.ie
Mon Aug 10 09:19:28 CDT 2009

Hello Freek,

Freek Dijkstra wrote:
> I personally hope that it is possible to create some hybrid form, which
> takes the best of both approaches by describing all extensions, no
> matter how hard, in a generic way. I guess the stitching framework is a
> set in that direction, but personally I am not convinced that this
> really works for ALL extensions. I would be thrilled to be proven otherwise.

I don't know if SF works for ALL extensions either. It was build like
that, but needs to be proven.
I made a prototype implementation of the SF and I will ask a few
interested people for their critical feedback during a demo I am planning.
Some people will hear more from me in the coming weeks/month;-)

All the best,

Victor

--
The HEAnet National Networking Conference 2009 – 12&13 November
Registration is now open: http://www.heanet.ie/conferences/2009/

Victor Reijs, Network Development Manager
HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
tel: +353-1-660 9040  fax: +353-1-660 3666
web: http://www.heanet.ie/