[Nsi-wg] G.805/G.800 applied to NSI

Victor Reijs victor.reijs at heanet.ie
Tue Aug 4 14:21:36 CDT 2009

Hello Jeroen,

Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> Then they make a distinction between Access Point, Forwarding Point,
> Forwarding End Point and Link Point, wich are all conveniently denoted
> by the same symbol.

I think they are different as the acronyms are part of the 'symbol'.

> However, later on in Table 1 on Page 19 the authors seem to define that
> all relations are between Points, for example Adaptation is between
> Forwarding Points, not Ports.

Perhaps this bags to try to communicate with the author(s)? In general I
like the document so it looks worth to find out these issues.
Freek used it in his Thesis so perhaps he also has some view;-)

All the best,

Victor

--
The HEAnet National Networking Conference 2009 – 12&13 November
Registration is now open: http://www.heanet.ie/conferences/2009/

Victor Reijs, Network Development Manager
HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
tel: +353-1-660 9040  fax: +353-1-660 3666
web: http://www.heanet.ie/