[Nsi-wg] G.805/G.800 applied to NSI

Guy Roberts Guy.Roberts at dante.net
Tue Aug 4 10:43:56 CDT 2009

John,

See my comments in your G.805/G.800 document.  I think that applying G.800 to a NSI network example as you have done here is an interesting exercise.   I think the G.800 is a good model that looks well thought through and fits the NSI requirement for a vendor independent network description.

G.800 is diagrammatic oriented, as far as I understand the use of this is that it can be used as an object oriented model for creating a database that describes a network in a network management system (TMN principles).  But what we really need is a description language that will allow this network model to be exchanged over the NSI interface.  I guess the process of creating such a language is the role of the NML group.  As far as I can see ITU-T does not have anything like this for G.800 (because it is an object oriented database model only?).  Perhaps Freek can comment on this in tomorrow's call.

Guy

Guy  Roberts,  Ph.D

Network Engineering & Planning
DANTE - www.dante.net<http://www.dante.net/>