[Nsi-wg] Stepping down as NSI co-chair

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Mon Mar 17 11:58:20 EDT 2014

Dear All,

Since the Barcelona meeting at OGF where the concept of NSI was formalized
and the name chosen, it has been a long and fruitful journey producing
concepts and abstractions, encapsulating them in a protocol that we believe
will stand the test of time.

As NSI 2.0 reaches fruition (Public comments end April 2014), I am stepping
down as the NSI co-chair. The reason is my work commitments are dwarfing
the amount of time I have available to continue being an effective NSI
co-chair.

In the past few years, I really appreciate the teamwork of my co-chairs -
Guy and Kudoh-san, who have worked tirelessly and in an unbiased manner
with me to promote the protocol, gather community requirements, and smooth
ruffled ego's - so common in a standards process -  towards a productive,
collaborative development of a protocol driven by real requirements.

In addition, I appreciate all the members of the NSI community that have
attended calls every week and contributed so much of their technical
knowledge and understanding. These interactions are priceless and I will be
stepping down with great memories. Thanks for all your support!!!

I will continue to be involved with the NSI community - so this is not a
farewell, but will only take a less active role in driving its evolution.
The interaction and welcome that GENI gave to the NSI group today is
heart-warming, and I believe we have a lot to learn from each other.

Guy will follow-up in email with the nomination process for a replacement
co-chair.

Live long and prosper,
Inder

Inder Monga | imonga at es.net