[Nsi-wg] NSI and G.800

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Wed Aug 19 07:32:38 CDT 2009

John Vollbrecht wrote:
> Attached is a ppt that shows NSI concepts in G.800 terms.  There are
> some questions in my mind about naming.  There is a table showing NSI,
> G.800 and NML naming as I think they exist.

Just a few minor comments on slide 5:

> NSI                     G.800                   NML
> Layer Topology          Layer Network           ?
> Subnetwork              Subnetwork              Network
> Link                    Link                    Link
> Port                    Link Point              Port
> Forwarding Port         Forwarding Point        Port
> Segment                 Link connection         ?
>                         Subnet connection
>                         segment
> Access Port             Access Point            Port

I think the current terminology is:

NSI                     G.800                   NML
Layer Topology          Layer Network           N/A
Subnetwork              Subnetwork              *Switch Matrix*
Link                    Link                    *N/A*
Port                    Link Point              Port
Forwarding Port         Forwarding Point        Port
Segment                 Link connection         *Link*
                        Subnet connection
                        segment
Access Port             Access *Group*          *N/A*

(PS: The fact that NML has a few N/A means it is not discussed yet, not
that it will not be defined: it will be defined later.)

Regards,
Freek