[Nml-wg] Examples

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Wed Mar 13 13:28:38 EDT 2013

On 13-03-2013 13:06, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> Richard suggested that we make a diagram of the complete examples. I've
> just done that (and found some errors through that). It's not completely
> cleaned up yet, but it should give a pretty good impression of what we
> currently have in the examples.
>
> Would it be useful to also include this in the doc?

I love it!

Just looking at for a couple of seconds makes things clear for a user,
and even for me, it brings up some questions, which I usually think is
good. I'm pretty sure sure the reasons came forward because I now have a
deeper understanding of the examples. And that just by staring at a
picture for 10 seconds!

N.B. The questions are:
• Is the topology simple called "org"
• Is the Node not part of the Topology?
• So LinkA:XY runs from Port X to Port Y, and both Ports are both in Node A?
• To make it even more odd: There is also a linkB:YZ that is in series
just after LinkA:XY. So does that mean that LinkB:YZ is going through
Node A (and is thus perhaps provided by NodeA:SwitchingSerivce?
• What's this domainy_domainx, and why is it standing alone, not related
to any Port?
• Do the Ports and Links actually have an encoding? Should they?

Freek