[Nml-wg] NML namespace

Aaron Brown aaron at internet2.edu
Mon Jul 30 09:36:20 EDT 2012

Hey Freek,

My preference is #2. I'm  not sure we need to publish anything at those URLs since the namespace URIs are simply meant to be unique identifiers, not real URLs. If we wanted to do something at those URLs, we could have schemas.ogf.org/nml or schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10 and simply redirect to a higher level document with links to the RDF/XML schemas.

As to the difference between XML and RDF namespaces, it might be possible to define how the namespaces in RDF *should* be used in NML to make it possible to do RDF -> XML translations (since XML -> RDF translation looks to be straight-forward). If folks follow that usage pattern, it'd be possible to translate between them, and if not, then it's their problem to figure out how to do translations. I could however be missing something obvious due, in part, to a young daughter who decided it would be fun to be awake for much of the night.

Cheers,
Aaron

Internet2 Fall Member Meeting
Sep 30-Oct 4, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA