[Nml-wg] Review of the XSD schema

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Fri Dec 28 10:30:43 EST 2012

On 28-12-2012 13:23, Roman Łapacz wrote:

> Thanks for the comments. I'll look at them closer in 2013 :) (next week).

Have a great new years eve.

I was wondering this morning if the schema should make a distinction
between a reference and a "inline" object description. I now think there
is no difference in syntax: In both cases it is a object, with id, and
optional other attributes and child elements.

If you like I can go through it in more detail. Unfortunately, I'm not
well versed enough to e.g. understand the difference between

>     <xs:complexType name="NetworkObject">
>       <xs:sequence>
>         <xs:element  name="relation"   type="nml:RelationType"  minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
>         <xs:element  name="parameter"  type="nml:ParameterType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
>         <!-- .... -->
>       </xs:sequence>
>     </xs:complexType>

and

>     <xs:complexType name="NetworkObject">
>       <xs:sequence minOccurs="0"  maxOccurs="unbounded">
>         <xs:element  name="relation"   type="nml:RelationType" />
>         <xs:element  name="parameter"  type="nml:ParameterType" />
>       </xs:sequence>
>     </xs:complexType>

Freek