[Nml-wg] Overview of artefacts & last call

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Wed Aug 8 11:07:10 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Jeroen has made some passes on the document lately, and there have been
some discussion on and off the mailing list.

To keep track of issues, the list of NML artefacts has been updated:
https://forge.ogf.org/sf/tracker/do/listArtifacts/projects.nml-wg/tracker.tracker_title
About 24 new artefacts have been added in the last month, and some closed.

To make progress, I took the liberty to put some issues into "Last
call". I will list them here. Note that I also put some into "last call"
because I want them to close, and don't think there will be many
comments. If you feel I was overzealous, please let me know off-list or
on-list.

With that, here is the list I hope you can have a look. Some of you may
have already commented on-list:

artf6562: Labelsgroup described as string
artf6577: layer and label encoding terminology
artf6573: Make Location a subclass of Network Object
artf6535: Namespace of Relations
artf6552: Ordered list
artf6563: NML Relation formal definition
artf6537: hasTopology implicitly defined?
artf6584: Properties of a Location  [NEW]
artf6568: Properties of Ports and Links
artf6567: Removal of Domain and Network
artf6542: VLAN description

Propose to reject:

artf6554: Allowing inverse relations
artf6490: Define physical Port/Interface

Furthermore, the following artefacts are important, and have a clear
proposal. It would certainly be useful if you can have a look:

artf6495: Define Label syntax
artf6569: PortGroup and LinkGroup
artf6581: Experimental features
artf6582: Unnamed NML objects
artf6585: nml:parameter
artf6580: Relate Node/Topology to a Link
artf6578: existsDuring relation
artf6536: Service Syntax in XML and RDF

There are more artefacts, but this is the list I like to go through this
(long) list in the coming conference calls and see if we can close them.

For those with little time, I tried to put all important info in the
description, so you don't have to read the whole discussion if you don't
have the time.

Thanks for your effort in reading them. It is appreciated.

Regards,
Freek

(PS: and yes, artefacts is proper British spelling ;) )