[Nml-wg] Labels

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Fri Apr 27 08:19:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

the final proposal how the labels could look like is as follows (RNC
format):

Label =
     element nml:label {
         element nml:parameter {
             attribute name { "type" }&
             text
             }&
         (
             element nml:parameter {
                 attribute name { text }&
                 text
             } +
         ) |
         anyElement+
     } +

### taken from nmc base schema

anyElement = element * {anyThing }

anyAttribute = attribute * { text }

anyThing =
     (
         anyElement |
         anyAttribute |
         text
     )*

an example:

   <nml:label>
     <nml:parameter name="type">c-vlan</nml:parameter>
     <nml:parameter name="value>42</nml:parameter>
   </nml:label>

   <nml:label>
     <nml:parameter name="type">wavelength</nml:parameter>
     <nml:parameter name="unit">nm</nml:parameter>
     <nml:parameter name="spacing">25GHz</nml:parameter>
     <nml:parameter name="value">1500</nml:parameter>
   </nml:label>

By default, other nemaspaces than nml basic one are not needed but I
would not forbid them. Use of a set of nml:parameter elements (flat
structure) seems to be enough flexible to cover almost all possible
cases but I can imagine a very rare requirement to have a nested
structure inside nml:label, for example:

<nml:label>
<nml:paremeter name="type">xyz</nml:parameter>
<nml-ext:something_1>
<nml-ext:something_2>
</nml-ext:something_2>
</nml-ext:something_1>
</nml:label>

(that is why I've added anyElement in the RNC snippet)

If you are 100% sure that such a requirement will not come up I'm fine
to remove this extension possibility.

Roman