[Nml-wg] NML terminology: Port vs Interface

Jason Zurawski zurawski at internet2.edu
Wed Sep 28 01:11:12 CDT 2011

Hi Freek;

On 9/27/11 3:32 PM, thus spake Freek Dijkstra:
> To end this discussion, I ask everyone reading this mail to vote what
> they think is the best term. The options are:
>
> * Port
> * Interface
> * ForwardingPoint
> * LogicalPort
> * LogicalInterface
> * No discussion, but further discussion on this term

It is unclear to me where options 3, 4, and 5 appeared from.  The last
conversation on this issue (proposed by Jeroen on the mailing list, and
presented at the last face to face meeting) was simply a change from
'port' to 'interface'.

While I am fully in favor of ending the discussion, I fail to see how
including *more* concepts is necessary.  That being said, I will vote in
this poll and state for the mailing list my opinion:

  - PORT, and there should not be anymore more discussion on this issue,
or proposals to change established terminology.

-jason