[Nml-wg] Registration of URN:OGF

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Sat Sep 17 06:43:29 CDT 2011

All,

Let me give a short report on the status of the URN:OGF:network
identifier registration.

This registrations involves three documents:

1. Delegation of the urn:ogf namespace to the OGF (this was not the case
yet).
2. Put a OGF procedure in place for the registration of subnamespace
identifiers.
3. Register urn:ogf:network using this procedure.

Last week, the IESG approved the urn:ogf registration, and today IANA
registered the namespaces identifier at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/urn-namespaces/urn-namespaces.txt.
It is expected that the associated RFC will be published within 60 days
(it is waiting for details of the following normative reference).

It is expected that the document which described the OGF procedure will
go in 60-day public comment next week (it is now in GFSG review). After
that, it will receive one final GFSG last call before it is published.

I'll report on the urn:ogf:network document later.

For now, I like to express my gratitude to those who helped publish the
first document (the RFC). Given that it may be a simple and
non-controversial document, I was pleased to see that so many people
took the time to scrutinise the document:

Richard Hughes-Jones (co-author)
Andre Mersky (setting up the OGF registry)
Joel Replogle (setting up the OGF registry)
Amanda Baber (IANA)
Cindy Morgan (IETF Secretariat)
Amy Vezza (IETF Secretariat)
Sandy Ginoza (RFC Editor team)

And all reviewers:

Wesley Eddy (IESG)
Brian Carpenter (IETF General Area Review Team)
Jeroen van der Ham (NML group member)
Russ Housley (IESG chair)
Peter Saint-Andre (IETF Applications Area Director, document shepherd)
Gunter Van de Velde (IETF participant)
Mykyta Yevstifeyev (IETF URN-NID workgroup)

Jari Arkko (IESG)
Ron Bonica (IESG)
Stewart Bryant (IESG)
Gonzalo Camarillo (IESG)