[Nml-wg] Reminder Teleconference Dec 1st

Aaron Brown aaron at internet2.edu
Mon Dec 5 14:31:26 EST 2011

On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> On 1 Dec 2011, at 17:38, Aaron Brown wrote:
>>
>> It only took a few moments to grab both ION's and ESnet's (thank you hacky perl script):
>>
>> ION:
>> Total Ports: 184
>> Total VLANs: 617803
>>
>> ESnet:
>> Total Ports: 998
>> Total VLANs: 2766735
>>
> That's the total number of VLANs, so if we divide the two we get the average number of VLANs per port?
>
> And these are the ones that have been used? Or are in use at this moment?

These are all the VLANs that are being advertised as available (e.g. if port A allows for VLANs 10-50 and port B allows for VLANs 10-20, that'd be 52 VLANs in total). You can divide it up to get the average number of VLANs per port. The number that have actually been requested and used is vastly smaller.

Cheers,
Aaron

Winter 2012 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs, January 22-26
Hosted by the Louisiana Optical Network Intitiative (LONI)
http://events.internet2.edu/2012/jt-loni/index.cfm