[Nml-wg] Definitions of "Adaptation", "AdaptationType" and "AdaptationService"

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Mon Feb 22 08:35:05 CST 2010

It feels strange to reply to myself, but I like to make the progress
clear to all on the list, so here it goes :)

> As agreed on the last OGF, Jeroen and I have worked on the definitions
> of Adaptation, Adaptation Function and Adaptation Services.

The discussion has faded. The two comments were:
- The word "collection" in the Layer definition is not clear. (It seems
to imply that *all* ports in a Layer need to be listed in order to
define a layer).
- The current definitions do not cover multiplexing and sublayers.
- The current definitions do not cover channels and named links.

I propose that the authors (Jeroen and me) improve the first two items.
However, channels and links seem distinct issues, for which the NSI
group may have some requirements. I will shortly call for volunteers who
like to propose definitions on the issue of links and paths.

Regards,
Freek