[Nml-wg] Soliciting Public Comments on "Network topology descriptions in hybrid networks"

Jason Zurawski zurawski at internet2.edu
Wed Feb 10 09:31:29 CST 2010

Hi Roman;

> Jason Zurawski wrote:
>> Hi Roman;
>>
>> This section is describing the topology service produced in
>> perfSONAR-PS (info here:
>> http://www.internet2.edu/performance/pS-PS/topology.html), which is
>> similar to an LS in operation but operates on the topology schema
>> elements.
>
> OK. This may be a bit misleading if someone knows general concept of pS
> infrastructure, not certain implementation (in this case ps-pS).

This is a part of the perfSONAR infrastructure, the component has been
described in the original architecture documents and the existence of
this service is not new (was developed in conjunction with DICE control
plane activities).

Are you seeing this as misleading because there is not an MDM
implementation that matches functionality?  There are several services
that are in MDM that are not in pSPS and vice versa, the common thread
being they are all 'perfSONAR' since they speak the protocols.

Thanks;

-jason