[Nml-wg] Results of OGF 27

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Wed Oct 14 14:47:55 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I just uploaded the slides of the NML sessions to:
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/listDocuments/projects.nml-wg/docman.root.meeting_materials.ogf_27_banff

Instead of discussing adaptation at session #2, we instead discussed the
terminology of the NSI, which resulted in a long discussion on the
"network" concept.

I'll mail this separately to the list.

While we do not have new volunteers for authors of deliverable #2, we do
have volunteers for topical experts who are going to propose a
terminology and definition on the mailing list.

Volunteers:

* Network / Topology / Domain concept:
  Inder Monga, Jeroen van der Ham
* Service concept:
  Martin Swany
* Adaptation / Layer concept:
  Freek Dijkstra, Jeroen van der Ham
* Link / Path / Segment concepts:
  Martin Swany, Chin Guok
* Identifiers:
  Freek Dijkstra

Furthermore, the following volunteers will sent a mail to the list with
a description what they mean with the following services, and what they
think are its properties:

* Adaptation Service: Jeroen van der Ham
* Switching Matrix Service: Jeroen van der Ham
*  Segment Concatenation Service: John Vollbrecht
* Multicast Service: Petr Holub
* Label Conversion Service Freek Dijkstra
* Data Transport Service Freek Dijkstra
* Measurement Point Service: (none)
* Virtualization Service: (none)
* Lookup Service: Gigi Karmous-Edwards
*  Path Finding Service: (none)

(Note that it is not necessary that not all service examples have
contributors, the purpose is to get an understanding of what a service
is, not to be complete.)

Martin Swany was note taker, and he will sent them to the list.

Regards,
Freek