[Nml-wg] Fwd: Terminology table

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Wed Mar 4 07:56:09 CST 2009

Pascale VICAT-BLANC wrote:

> Can you please update the VXDL column on the web site according the
> attached version?

Thanks!
I removed two items though, as I suspect they may be incorrect:

* What exactly is a "Router"? I suspect that it is a "Resource" with
dynamic switching capability. Is that correct? I removed it from the row
'cross connect', as I don't suspect you use the terms 'cross connect'
and 'router' interchangeably

* I removed "Topology + Group" from Layer, as I suspect you would simply
use the word "Layer" to describe a layer.

What I find interesting, are there concepts that you use but are not in
the table, while they should be used by NML?

In particular, the VXDL UML schema [1] also lists
"VirtualInfrastructure" and "VirtualTopology". Are these totally new
concepts?

[1] http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/guilherme.koslovski/download/vxdl.jpg

Regards,
Freek