[Nml-wg] Schema changes

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Jun 3 04:26:32 CDT 2009

Freek Dijkstra wrote:
> - Freek: Change the hasPort relation Node-Link to Group-Link and make
> Node a subclass of Group. This allows a relation between Port and
> Topology (for describing edge interfaces of a domain, which was not
> possible with the current schema).

I assume you mean Node-Port and Group-Port there?

Why are you proposing to make Node a subclass of Group?
I don't really see any practical reason for it, other than that it makes
it esthetically more pleasing in the UML diagram, by having only one
hasPort relationship.

I do agree that it makes sense for Groups to have a hasPort relation so
that we can describe aggregated topologies.

Jeroen.