[Nml-wg] Input from NSI-WG

Evangelos Chaniotakis haniotak at es.net
Fri Oct 3 13:44:14 CDT 2008

Hi,

Some of it was my request I think, and to clarify, I meant that:

Even though a concrete lightpath would obviously be a sequence
(subclass of group :) of network elements, a path provisioning
_request_specification_ could be structurally quite different.

That specification could contain elements like:
1. Path must start at endpoint A
2.1 Path must go specifically through links F,G,H in that order
2.2 Path must go through whatever links you need to, just start from
link K and get to link Q
3. Path must end up at endpoint Z

I don't see a simple mapping to groups here... I guess ultimately it's
up to NSI to define this specification, but both specs will be
referring to the same objects (links, endpoints, domains,
technologies, ...), so it'll be useful to have input from both WGs.