[Nml-wg] Service descriptions

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Thu Feb 28 03:35:11 CST 2008

Yesterday, I wrote:

> Or should we first establish what we mean with "service"?

Is just realized there are possibly two kind of services we can talk about:
* data plane services or functions: e.g. interworking function,
   store and forward, regeneration, traffic aggregation, etc., etc.
* control plane services: e.g. policy server, broker service,
   index server, etc., etc.

I know realize that I was only thinking about control plane services in
my previous e-mail. If we are talking about data plane services, I do
agree with Evangelos and should include that. For control plane
services, I think we should describe pointers to the services at most,
but probably not describe those in detail.

Which one should we describe? Or are they the same?

Regards,
Freek