[Nml-wg] Python NML implementation

Freek Dijkstra freek.dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Sun Jan 10 05:05:28 EST 2016

On 7-1-2016 21:30, Hurtado, Diego Antonio wrote:

> I am very pleased to inform you that a Hewlett Packard Enterprise networking project named Topology is using NML.
>
> Topology is a framework for testing that automatically generates an NML representation of a network test topology.
>
> We have developed an implementation of the NML standard in Python.
>
> This project has been released a few days ago and is available here: https://github.com/HPENetworking/topology
>
> Our NML implementation is here: https://github.com/HPNetworking/pynml

Hi Diego Antonio,

That's very interesting! I'm certainly going to follow your work.

Out of curiousity, how is this used? I'm interested to understand what
parts of NML are used successfully, and which parts are largely unused.

>From what I gather from the documention, Topology is used to describe a
testbed topology, and uses the Node, Port, Link, BidirectionalPort and
BidirectionalLink classes. So is that used to describe physical or
logical links? Or is it also used to describe e.g. VLANs (multipoint to
mulitpoint links)?

Regards,