[Nml-wg] Spam

Freek Dijkstra freek.dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Sat Apr 9 06:34:03 EDT 2016

Dear list-lurkers,

Just a short message that from now on, messages from non-subscribers to
the NML list will be automatically discarded.

Last few years I caught a few messages posted from non-subscribers,
including people who changed email address, and HP's note that they
implemented part of the NML scheme, so I was happy to manually sift to
the spam looking for articulated prose from you.

With a spam rate of 10-20 a week, this was doable. Unfortunaly, the
number of spam has rather suddenly increased to a stunning 3471 messages
waiting for moderation in last 3 weeks. Hence this decision.

Thanks for your understanding,

Freek Dijkstra
| Group Leader & Network Expert | Infrastructure Services | SURFsara |
| Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam | +31 6 4484 7459 |
| Freek.Dijkstra at surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl|

Available on Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu |