[Nml-wg] hasService / hasInboundPort

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Wed Mar 13 11:02:15 EDT 2013

On 13-03-2013 10:55, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> I'm proposing to add the following to the Schema description of
> SwitchingService:
>
> The \emph{SwitchingService} inherits the \emph{hasPort} relation from
> \emph{Service}. The \emph{hasInboundPort} and \emph{hasOutboundPort}
> can be seen as more specific instantiations of the \emph{hasPort}
> relation, so these are preferred.

That doesn't seem correct.

hasPort, in the current schema, is NOT a "more general" variant of
"hasInboundPort" or "hasInboundPort" (although we previously had
something like that). Instead, "hasPort" is used for specifying items in
a Group: e.g. <PortGroup A-D> 'hasPort' <Port A>.

In particular, the domain of a hasPort relation may not be a Service.