[Nml-wg] Questions

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Dec 18 11:54:18 EST 2013

Not sure if these are NSI specific questions, or general NML questions.  All relate to Port/PortGroups and use of labels.

1. I can have a Port without a Label, and a PortGroup without a LabelGroup.  In this case the Port id alone uniquely identifies the resource.

2. Can i have a Label or LabelGroup specified with a label type but no value?  In this case the Port is identified uniquely by id and label type.

3. Can I have Ports/PortGroups with different label types grouped in the same SwitchingService or are they restricted to having the same labeltype?

4. If I can have Ports/PortGroups with different label types in the same SwitchingService, then does a value of labelSwapping == true means I can swap between different labeltypes as well?

If we do permit different label types in the same SwitchingService then adding a labelType attribute to the SwitchingService would need to have additional behaviour defined to restrict label swapping to only ports with labels of that type.

Thanks,
John.