[Nml-wg] Abstract for TERENA

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Mon Nov 26 08:43:35 EST 2012

Hi,

On 26 Nov 2012, at 13:40, Roman Łapacz <romradz at man.poznan.pl> wrote:
> can we agree to provide the drafts of all sections by Wed? We will have two more days for updates.
> What's the assignment of other parts?

Yes, seems like a good idea.

I can describe the use-case in NSI and also provide a description of the OGF and its standardization. So:

1. Introduction (general idea, why a standardized topology desc is needed, bit of history, etc.)
2. (RL) Requirements (what the NML WG wanted to achieve: abstraction, multi-layer, multi-domain, extensions allowed, independent of the format - XML, RNC, OWL, others, etc.)
3. (RL) Schema Explanation (short description of the schema)
4. (JH) Standardisation under OGF (status and short description of OGF)
5. (JH) A use case of NML - Supporting Network Provisioning (topology in NSI)
4. Future Work (describe briefly plans for the future of NML)

Jeroen.