[Nml-wg] First draft of NML Schema document

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Tue Nov 20 09:49:52 EST 2012

Just few comments/observations:

1) 1.1. "...Finally, you will not find a definition for the terms
Network or capacity in this document"
  RL: ...but there is a definition (or piece of information) of Network
object in 2.1.1. This might be misleading for a reader.

2) 2.1.1. "...The meaning of the version attribute is only defined for
specific cases (in objects of the Topology class), and should not be
used in other objects. Clients that receive a version attribute for a
non-Topology object should ignore that attribute. "
   RL: So why not to move this attribute to the Topology class? If we
want to keep it in the Network object for possible extension in the
future then it should be indicated clearly in the text.

3) RL: Do we really need Service and Group elements? They don't have any
attributes or relations. For example, Node, Port and Link don't have
Element abstract class above. Inconsistency?

4) RL: Do we need the list of attributes in 2.1.2 inherited from Network
abstract class (the same for other elements)? They are already described
in 2.1.1.

Roman