[Nml-wg] Relations in NML

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Thu May 31 11:24:50 EDT 2012

Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to list all relations that I've seen so far in NML that we've made a decision on and have used. I came to the list below, let's discuss it in the call.
>
> Jeroen.
>

> <Topology|Node> hasNode <Node>
> <Topology> hasTopology <Topology>
> <NE> hasService <Service>
> <Node> hasInboundPort <Port>
> <Node< hasOutboundPort <Port>

I think this should be:

<Topology|Node> hasInboundPort <Port>
<Topology|Node< hasOutboundPort <Port>

> <Port> isSink <Link>
> <Port> isSource <Link>
> <Link> isSerialCompound <Group>

I think it's isSerialCompoundLink (see artf6545).

> <Node> locatedAt <Location>
> <Node> implementedBy <Node>

One more (this is from Sept last year, and given the recent feedback on
Adaptation service, I propose to add this to the "done" list):

<Service> providesPort <Port>  (for adaptation service)

Two more, but given that there is a clear name conflict, and the recent
proposal for Link--(providesLink)->Link was met with the "nice, but not
essential for the base schema" feedback, I'd say these are still open
for debate/further proposals/use case to proof their need:

<Service> providesLink <Port>  (for switching service)
<Link> providesLink <Link>  (proposed shortcut for adaptations)

Regards,