[Nml-wg] Label sets

Andrew Lake andy at es.net
Thu Jun 28 11:11:27 EDT 2012

On Jun 28, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Jason Zurawski wrote:

> On 6/28/12 10:47 AM, thus spake Jeroen van der Ham:
>> On 28 Jun 2012, at 16:17, Jason Zurawski wrote:
>>
>>> Option 2 is how OSCARS currently works today, and I believe it works well.  I would vote to go with that for 'ease of implementation' :)
>>
>> Good to hear!
>> Can you describe the syntax constraints that OSCARS uses?
>
> What do I look like, a programmer :)
>
> Aaron or Andy may be able to.  I believe the comma and dash are popular and expected as I look at examples:
>
>> <vlanRangeAvailability>3800-3809</vlanRangeAvailability>

Dashes and commas are the only special characters that OSCARS allows. A dash in between two numbers to represent a continuous range (e.g. 3000-4000). It requires the left number to be less than the second number. Discontinuous ranges can be separated by commas (3000-3250,3500,3750-4000). Its pretty easy to parse, generally we do a couple splits on commas and dashes.

Andy