[Nml-wg] NML namespace

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Fri Jul 20 11:04:44 EDT 2012

W dniu 2012-07-18 14:55, Freek Dijkstra pisze:
> Hi,
>
> If someone knows an expert in XML (and RDF) namespaces at your local
> institute, I appreciate it if you can get into touch with me.
>
> FYI --
>
> I like some confirmation if my ideas how a slash (/) or hash (#) should
> or should not be appended to a namespace.
> See https://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/artf6570 for what I understand so far
> about http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names/ (XML) and
> http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/ (RDF).
>
> My understanding now is that if we want to define the namespace:
>    http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml
> With elements such as
>    http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml#Node

I've checked quickly the W3C recommendation and in my opinion both forms
(with and without slash) are acceptable (I can't find info indicating
that slash should not be used; also I've looked at few good examples in
the Internet having both forms). It's up to us do we use it or not.
GFD.84 promotes this:

http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml

so I would stick with it.

Also I would use slash to represent elements (if needed). We do it this
way in perfSONAR.

http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml/Node

Roman