[Nml-wg] New schema

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Mon Jul 9 09:51:38 EDT 2012

On 22-06-2012 00:17, Freek Dijkstra wrote:
> I've just updated the schema to include PortGroups and LinkGroups and
> list all relations that Jeroen recently send out to the list.
>
> https://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15481

Once again, I've updated the schema, based on the document update that
Jeroen van der Ham and myself performed last week.

Changes are:

* Added Deadaptation Service (next to Adaptation Service).
* adaptationfunction is now a simple attribute, not a class.
* Removed Transport Object, introduced in last update. It was deemed
confusing and not strictly necessary.
* Allow "encoding" attribute to Link Group and Port Group.
* Added the "existsDuring", "hasLabel" and "hasLabelGroup" relations, to
make it easier to describe them, even though they are not actually used
in the XML syntax. (They respectively relate a Network Object with a
Lifetime; a Link or Port with a Label; and a LinkGroup or PortGroup with
a Label Group)
* Ordered List is  no longer a Network Object. Ordered List has a
different implementation between XML and RDF, and this change prevented
us from making a different UML schema for XML and RDF. Obviously, for
the isSerialCompoundLink relation, the source is still a Network Object,
and the individual items of the Ordered List are also still Network Objects.
* alias is changed to isAlias
* version attribute moved from Topology to Network Object to allow
future extension.

Regards,