[Nml-wg] Relation mapping XML-RDF (subPropertyOf)

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Mon Jan 16 08:08:37 EST 2012

On 16 Jan 2012, at 12:45, Freek Dijkstra wrote:
> 2. Use a URI in both XML and RDF/OWL.
>   Con: this makes the XML verbose (even if
>   Pro: easier to define new relation types (users can define their own
>        relation URI, even without involvement of the OGF)

This is not necessarily more verbose. I've often seen the use of entities (e.g. &nml; ) in XML attributes to do just that. Only problem is that often XML producers don't automatically include such a conversion.

I would prefer indeed option 3 or 2.

Using a separate namespace for defining those relations does make sense. I have no problem in defining it that way.

Jeroen.