[Nml-wg] Example topology of Automated GOLE

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Wed Feb 15 09:31:35 EST 2012

Freek Dijkstra wrote:

> An NML "port" is equivalent to a G.800 "Forwarding Point" (or G.805
> "Connection Point").
>
> I usually refer to it as a "logical interface", to clearly distinguish
> it from a "physical interface".

FYI, NML has no term or concept for a "physical interface" or "physical
port" other than to define it as a (logical) port on the Fiber layer.

However, that concept would not include the full complexity of a
physical port (e.g. adaptations to link connections on higher layers
whose data pass through the physical interface, or the exact position in
a device where the XFP is plugged in).

If it is useful to add this concept of "physical port" next to the
current "Port" (which is a logical connection point), I'm happy to hear
about a use-case or a proposal.