[Nml-wg] Example topology of Automated GOLE

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Wed Feb 15 07:41:37 EST 2012

W dniu 2012-02-15 13:20, Jeroen van der Ham pisze:
> On 15 Feb 2012, at 12:31, Roman Łapacz wrote:
>>> On to the comments for your description:
>>>
>>> - You're using<nml:relation type="next">   to describe connections, this should be<nml:relation type="connectedTo">.
>> I proposed "next" because it was already used in the framework for circuit monitoring. I'm hesitating to introduce an other name which means the same (1. as I wrote I try to limit new names; 2. use of new name would be incompatible or inconsistent with that solution for circuit monitoring).  On the other hand, "connectedTo" is already used by NSI so I understand that some continuation is welcome. If you think that it's really important to keep "connectedTo" then I'm fine.
> We're already saying that an nml-nsi:STP is equivalent to an nml:Port with some added behavior. I don't really see any reason why connectedTo would not work in this case.

Just to clarify, I propose nml-nsi:port, not nml-nsi:STP (port in the
nml-nsi namespace would be STP).  "connectedTo" would work, no doubt,
but the question is: should we use this if we already used "next" in
circuit monitoring (and both mean the same).

>>> - We don't have an nml:contact object at the moment, but it seems that we may indeed need one. However, defining the contact methods should perhaps be done using some other appropriate (standard) schema.
>> I'll try to find something. Any suggestions are welcome.
> There's a FOAF namespace in RDF which describes similar things about a person. However, it's not really a standard I think.
> There's also the vCard standard, for which there is (I think) both an RDF and XML notation.

yes, vCard was my first candidate as well
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6351

Roman