[Nml-wg] Example topology of Automated GOLE

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Feb 15 05:47:06 EST 2012

Hi,

On 14 Feb 2012, at 14:30, Roman Łapacz wrote:

> - I've created a new namespace nml-nsi which groups NSI elements. This allows to avoid using type attribute to indicate that, for example, the network element represents the NS network.

Seems sensible to me.

> - I had a problem with the STP element because in general I didn't want to introduce new names if it's not really needed. Finally, I found out (correct me if I'm wrong) that we can treat it as a port, but specific one and belonging to NSI namespace. This may be new to the NSI team but I hope it's only a matter of terminology and does not violate some basic functionality definitions.

I think that that is correct. An STP is a specialized form of a Port, one that is used to define the boundary between an intra-domain network service and some other service. This can be an inter-domain network service, or something like a PerfSonar server.

> An example I'm sending contains only the topology description of PIONIER (I didn't want to waste too much time for mapping all domains included in the owl file). I propose to focus on examples and later prepare the schema file (xsd or rnc; or both). This approach may speed up our work.

I agree. Most domains are roughly equal in setup, and certainly equal in constructs. Doing this for one domain is fine.

On to the comments for your description:

- You're using <nml:relation type="next"> to describe connections, this should be <nml:relation type="connectedTo">.
- We don't have an nml:contact object at the moment, but it seems that we may indeed need one. However, defining the contact methods should perhaps be done using some other appropriate (standard) schema.

Jeroen.