[Nml-wg] Teleconference Feb 9th

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Feb 9 11:49:50 EST 2012

Hello all,

My apologies, we started a bit early. For next time I'll make sure that I announce and join at the right time.

We had present on the call: Freek, Aaron and Roman. (Jerry joined at the later time)

We discussed progress in NSI, GLIF and Automated GOLE. We see an increasing need for an NML schema.
NSI has agreed on an STP format, which includes typed name-value pairs, which allow you to describe labels, technologies and all kinds of other things.
GLIF has stated that it will use NML soon.

Jeroen suspects that there is not much requirement right now, because the GLIF questionnaire shows that most networks use some handcrafted topology format right now. Hopefully once we release something, we'll get usage, and from that feedback.

To speed things up, we have agreed to do weekly calls now.

Action points:
- Jeroen sends the Automated GOLE topology to the list as example (done)
- Jeroen sends the results of the GLIF questionnaire to the list.
- Freek will propose a notation for VLANs
- Jeroen will go through the current NML schema doc and gives an update on the status.

Next call is on Thursday February 16th.

Jeroen.