[Nml-wg] Conference calls

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Oct 20 10:46:39 CDT 2011

Hi,

Here's a short set of minutes I took from the call:

Aaron, Jason, Chin and Jeroen were present and discussed the following things:

- The type=hostname is used in E2EMon for further restriction on the name field, other names are sometimes used there. Jason would prefer not to add a new hostname relation.
Jeroen will see if it is possible to define this gracefully in OWL using a subProperty relation.

- The current examples from Jason were whipped together quickly, some superfluous things may be in there. Jason invites Jeroen to clean up the examples so that they only show what is necessary for the example.

- There is some confusion about the broadcastSwitchingType, we're not really sure how to use it. We ask Freek to provide an update on how we should use it in the examples.

- There is no objection to using CamelCase names for class names in XML. The examples should be converted to follow that convention.

- There is no real reason not to use hasInboundPort and hasOutboundPort for Nodes also. Then again, it would also be possible to use a Group concept for that (Port). We should make an actual use-case with associated code to figure out the best way to approach this. We should define the directionality, the relation to the Node, but also the relation to each other.

- The URNs containing /'s is because the machines at Internet2 use that notation for their ports. They will convert those port names to a URN compatible notation. This is an issue that we should highlight in the NML Schema document though, because many other networks will probably run into the same issue.

- Jeroen will look at notifications from grid forge, both for SVN and for tickets.

Due to SC time-constraints we are planning the next NML teleconference on Dec 1st, same time, same channel.

Action points:
- Jeroen will look at OWL subProperties
- Jeroen will try to clean up the XML examples (both code and capitalisation)
- Freek provides clarification on the broadcastSwitchingType example
- Whole group: think about a practical way to define uni-directional ports
- Jeroen note URN issues in schema doc
- Jeroen looks at Gridforge notifications.