[Nml-wg] urn:ogf:network specification

Aaron Brown aaron at internet2.edu
Mon May 9 10:34:00 CDT 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 11:23 AM, Freek Dijkstra wrote:

> [Hi Aaron, I'll reply on-list]
>
> Aaron Brown wrote:
>
>> It'd also be good to note that then
>> "urn:ogf:network:domain=...:node=..." specification was also
>> developed/used as part of OSCARS, not just perfSONAR.
>
> Thanks. Do you know of any specific references?
>
> I noticed that the IDC use was briefly described in
> http://www.controlplane.net/idcp-v1.1-ogf/draft-gwdi-nsi-idcp-2010-sep-01.pdf
> as well.
>
> I have not found a document describing the allowed characters in
> perfSONAR/OSCARS/IDC (I'll be interested in that!)

I'm not sure whether or not a document was ever written with any further level of detail, unfortunately. The only requirement was that it follow the allowed characters from RFC 2141, and that it not have spaces. In practice, the URN fields have all been a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and ._-/

Cheers,
Aaron

> Freek

Summer 2011 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
Hosted by the University of Alaska-Fairbanks
http://events.internet2.edu/2011/jt-uaf