[Nml-wg] Conference call May 5th

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu May 5 10:39:00 CDT 2011

Hello all,

Chin, Freek and I had a short call today.

- Freek provided an update on the status of the urn:ogf request, things
are progressing steadily. There will soon be a template document to
request subnamespaces.
- The status of the NML schema currently is that we have broad
consensus, however we have to write the document. Not much progress has
been made there unfortunately.
- Once a schema is finished we have to see how things will work in cases
with:
  * uni-directional descriptions vs schemas with bi-directional descriptions
  * do the multi-layer descriptions work?
  * is the NML schema useful to describe also services?

- Chin provided us with an update on the status of the NSI. The NSI
Protocol is seeing good progress, a first draft of the NSI WSDL and XSD
are finished and should be finalized somewhere next week.
The notion of an NSI topology is an open issue though. Jerry Sobieski is
making the case that something different is needed there. There will be
Networks and STPs, but to describe how STPs from different networks are
connected is an open issue.
Chin suspects this may be an issue because of ownership of that link.
However, Freek and Jeroen believe that the link is not an active element
in the provisioning anyway, so the ownership of it should not matter
from an NSI point of view.

We have to see when we can have a new call. Our regular schedule would
have us at Thursday May 19th, however most of us will be at the Terena
conference. Otherwise we can schedule it for May 26th at the regular time?

Jeroen.