[Nml-wg] Notes of Jun 2 conf call

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Thu Jun 2 10:51:05 CDT 2011

Today we had a short call, with Aaron Brown, Jeroen van der Ham, Roman
Łapacz, and Freek Dijkstra.

Jeroen, Freek and Roman expressed the desire to propose a schema
document to the NML group at the next OGF 32. We will use the RNC schema
from Roman and others as the base document (this RNC file is attached).

Jeroen and Freek will meet in person somewhere in the next weeks to
review this file and provide feedback to Roman. Then, we'll try to make
a proposal to the NML group together.

We will ask for 2 NML sessions during OGF32 on Friday July 15.

There were two talks at previous TERENA conference (TNC2011) which
mentioned NML. These talks where by know culprits Jeroen and Freek
https://tnc2011.terena.org/core/presentation/55
https://tnc2011.terena.org/core/presentation/73
Jeroen's talk had a path finding background, while Freek's talk had a
monitoring background -- two distinct application types.

There was some talk about a "NSI topology", but it was not clear what
this is. The NWI working group is now finishing there protocol document,
and will work on this later. Jeroen will keep track of the NSI work.

Jeroen requests everyone to review to the current schema document, and
make fixes and changes, either to your allotted sections or other
sections. The documents are in the NML-base repository, and can be
checked out and checked in by anyone who is member of the NML group
(i.e. you can, and if not, ask Freek, Martin, Jeroen or Paola)
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/scm/do/viewRepository/projects.nml-wg/scm.nml_base

Regards,